Join us for a Food Photography Masterclass with @the_lazyfoodie, Christy Lam, Saturday 3 February, from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
Ever wondered how you get THAT Instagram photo? You know, the one with the perfect angle, the best lighting and just the right amount of filter?
Whether you are a beginner with a DSLR or a novice holding nothing more than a smartphone, join Christy Lam, the blogger, food stylist, food photographer and all around genius behind @the_lazyfoodie, for a hands-on Food Photography workshop.
During this practical food photography workshop, Christy will introduce you to the essential food photography tips, lighting, styling techniques, prop composition and shooting styles. She will also share how to take the best photos specifically for blogs and social media, using either your smartphone or camera.
The hands-on workshop will be followed by a Q&A, where Christy will chat about food photography, styling, blogging and creating a social media foodie brand, answering any questions you have.
During the workshop you’ll have the chance to put all your newfound photography skills into practice as we tuck into some delicious chaat, snacks and refreshments!
- Maximising available light
- Using professional compositions
- Creating interest through props and angles
- Altering depth of field
- Styling and preparing food for photography
- Preparing photos specifically for use on blogs and social media
By the end of the course you will be able to take mouth-watering photographs of food for your blog or social media channels. And you’ll leave stuffed with delicious snacks and chaat!
Want to Join?
- Date: Saturday, 3 February 2018
- Time: 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Place: Chit Chaat Chai, 356 Old York Road London, SW18 1SS United Kingdom
- Price: £20, including snacks and refreshments
- Level: Beginner
- Entry requirements: Please bring your smartphone or camera to practice taking photos during the workshop.
To join the workshop, please fill in the form below.
My name is Christy Lam and I am a 21-year-old food blogger (follow me at @the_lazyfoodie) disguised as an engineering student. I’m originally from Hong Kong and am now based in London most of the year.
I love to brunch, fuel my sweet tooth with desserts and exploring cute cafes! My photography centres around a bright, spacious aesthetic with a delicate touch.